Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best speech-to-text device
VoiceRecognition.com Forum > Voice Recognition Software and Hardware > Miscellaneous
joycee
I am investigating the use of speech-to-text technology in a University lecture environment for the aid of people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Which device would be the best to use in this situation?
joycee
Thank you Martin for your information it was very useful.
For my research I also need to investigate the main issues with this technology and propose possible solutions. Accurracy is one of course and the article you refer to seems to cover this area extremely well.
I was thinking of investigating the technology in detail. Do you know of any open source soft tool available for speech-to-text that might help me in this area? or maybe you would be able to refer me to someone that might. Otherwise for my research i am just highlighting what is already there.
Thanks again for your help it was greatly appreciated.
Krish
Hi Joycee,

Also look at a product called iCommunicator which is specifically designed for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. It utilizes speech recognition to convert speech to text, converts the text to video sign language, and converts text to speech.
http://www.myicommunicator.com/

Krish
joycee
Thanks Krish, I will.

Originally posted by Krish:
Hi Joycee,

Also look at a product called iCommunicator which is specifically designed for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.  It utilizes speech recognition to convert speech to text, converts the text to video sign language, and converts text to speech.
http://www.myicommunicator.com/

Krish
Judy Evans
Joucee

I know (of) a school for the deaf that uses the technology, I'll see if I can find the e-address of the man who runs it.

I know of no open source program of this type but would suggest you ask in comp.speech.users and comp.speech.research

Judy
joycee
Thanks Judy, that would be brilliant to have a contact who is currently using such technology in a similar environment. I also got on to comp.speech.users and comp.speech.research and posted my messages.. user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.