Jun 16 2010, 08:31 AM
For the word “General” (note the capital G) by default Dragon Medical 10 (10.1) will type “Gen.”.
This should not happen with a lower case “general”.
1. On the DragonBar select Words > View/Edit
2. In the Vocabulary Editor Dialog Box enter the word General in the Written Form window.
a. Be sure to use the capital G
3. Then select the Properties Button.
4. You will see that the option “Use alternate written form 1” is selected and the alternate is “Gen.”
5. Remove the check mark from this option.
6. Click OK and close the Vocabulary Editor.
Dragon should now type the entire word “General”.