IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tech Support DuJour - Selecting a Vocabulary Size, How to change your vocabulary size
Josh Stewart
post Jun 16 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,792
Which Program?: Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Where are you Located: West Palm Beach, Florida

Issue: I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional v8. In reagrds to vocabulary, is there anything that I can do to minimize the list of terms that I do not use.

Resolution: The smaller a vocabulary that Dragon NaturallySpeaking has to search, the faster it can transcribe your dictation. Many times a smaller vocabulary will help improve accuracy since you are pinging against fewer words. If you do not need an extensive vocabulary in your dictation, you can create a user with a smaller vocabulary.

To create a user with a smaller vocabulary than the program recommends
On the DragonBar click NaturallySpeaking and then Manage Users.

user posted image

1. On the Manage Users dialog box, click New.

user posted image

2. On the Create User screen of the New User wizard, enter the name of the user you want to create and then click Advanced.

user posted image

3. Use the Vocabulary Size list to choose a new vocabulary. The choices are:
Medium
Large (the recommended size for most machines)
Empty dictation (requires that you enter words in the Vocabulary Builder before use)

4. Click OK to close the Advanced dialog box.

5. Click Next to proceed to the next screen of the New User wizard to continue creating your user

--------------------
Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:26 AM

We Recommend Using Dragon Medical and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition Software

Physicians Using Dragon Medical - Looking for the Best Electronic Health Record (EHR / EMR)?