IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tech Support DuJour - Checking your Soundcard, How to check your Microphone & Soundcard
Josh Stewart
post Jun 8 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,792
Which Program?: Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Where are you Located: West Palm Beach, Florida

Issue: I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking and my microphone may be broken. I went through the 'Check Audio' with Dragon and it failed. What should I do next?

Resolution: Problems with your microphone or sound card can make Dragon NaturallySpeaking run slowly as well as decrease recognition accuracy. The following test will help you identify any problems you might be having with these components.

To make a windows sound recording

1. Click the Start button, then point to Programs, Accessories, Entertainment and click Sound Recorder.
2. On the File menu of the Sound Recorder window, click Properties.

user posted image

3. On the Properties for Sound dialog box, click Convert Now.
4. On the Name list of the Sound Selection dialog box, select CD Quality and click OK.

user posted image

5. Click OK to close the Properties for Sound dialog box.
6. On the Edit menu of the Sound Recorder, click Audio Properties.
7. On the Audio Properties dialog box select your sound card or USB device on the Preferred device list (you can also adjust the volume) and click OK.

user posted image

8. Click the red button to start recording and dictate for 5 to 10 seconds, then click the stop (black rectangle) button.
9. Click play (the right pointing arrow button).
10. If the playback of your dictation is not clear or contains static, you have a problem with your microphone and soundcard (or USB device). You should try a different microphone and soundcard combination to discover which component in your system is at fault.

--------------------
Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 01:09 PM

We Recommend Using Dragon Medical and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition Software

Physicians Using Dragon Medical - Looking for the Best Electronic Health Record (EHR / EMR)?