> Tech Support DuJour - How to setup Roaming Users, Creating Roaming Users
Josh Stewart
post Jun 4 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,792
Which Program?: Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Where are you Located: West Palm Beach, Florida

Issue: I purchased Dragon NaturallySpeaking v.8 Medical. How do I set up Dragon NaturallySpeaking so that I can access my user profile from any workstation on my network?

Resolution: You must enable, then set up your Roaming User. Follow the instructions below to enable, then set up Roaming Users.

Setting up the Roaming User feature for Dragon NaturallySpeaking v8

You must perform the following steps to enable the Roaming User feature:

1. Turn on the Roaming User feature
2. Tell Dragon NaturallySpeaking where the master roaming user is located
3. Tell Dragon NaturallySpeaking where the local roaming user is located

To turn on the Roaming User feature

1. Start Dragon NaturallySpeaking. If the Open User dialog box appears, click Cancel. If a user file opens automatically (Dragon NaturallySpeaking will do this if there is only one user available), click Close User on the Dragonbar NatuallySpeaking menu.

user posted image

2. Click Administrative Settings on the Dragonbar Tools menu.

user posted image

3. On the open Administrative Settings dialog box, select the Enable check box.

user posted image

Selecting the check box makes the other options in the Roaming User group available.

To specify the location of the master roaming user

On each computer where someone will be dictating with a roaming user, you must tell that installation of Dragon NaturallySpeaking where the master roaming user is located, and if necessary, create that location.

1. On the open Administrative Settings dialog box, click the Browse button to the right of the Network directory box.
2. Use the Browse for Folder dialog box to open a location where you want to store the master roaming user. It should be in a location accessible to all computers on the network that you want available for dictation with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

user posted image

3. If the directory does not currently exist, click Make New Folder and type a name for the new folder. The new directory can have any name, but calling it something meaningful, such as Master Roaming User, will make the folder easier to find in the future.
4. Click OK.

To specify the location of a local roaming user

Dragon NaturallySpeaking must know where to store a local copy of the master roaming user.
1. On the open Administrative Settings dialog box, click the Browse button to the right of the Local directory box.
2. Use the Browse for Folder dialog box to open a location where you want to store the master roaming user. This is the location on the computer where changes made during a dictation session, such as corrections or new acoustic data are stored before they are synchronized with the master roaming user.
3. If the directory does not currently exist, click Make New Folder and type a name for the new folder. The new directory can have any name, but calling it something meaningful, such as Local Roaming User, will make the folder easier to find in the future.
4. Click OK.

--------------------
Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:05 PM

We Recommend Using Dragon Medical and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition Software

Physicians Using Dragon Medical - Looking for the Best Electronic Health Record (EHR / EMR)?