Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> .dra files
3qht
post Oct 5 2003, 02:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,063

Could anyone tell me what *.dra file is. I have accumulate quite a few under user/myname/backup/drafiles/ . There are at least 2 or 3 copies of them under myname subdirectory in different locations. These do not seem to disappear after running acustic optimizer. It makes it very difficult to back up user files now it is excedding 700 megs.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carmer55
post Oct 5 2003, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 388

DRA files are used by the acoustic optimiser & vocabulary builder, which frankly, nobody seems to be recommending anyway! I (and most others) find that speech accuracy is maintained by careful correction techniques. You were quite right to be backing up your voice files, but these DRA files are a complete irrelevance in your case.

Depending on which version of Windows you are using, go to "start" "search" ("find") and then do a complete search of the hard disk(s) for .dra files. You are at liberty to completely delete them, but take the precaution of scrolling through the entire list that appears in the results box just in case there is anything on your system relating to some other software. This should be blatantly obvious because the files you are looking for usually reside as you say, within the users folders. Be careful not to delete any files about which you are uncertain.

Ross

--------------------
Ross from UK

+Quote Post
Judy Evans
post Oct 5 2003, 11:26 PM
Post #3

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 369
VR User?: 10 years
Which Program?: NaturallySpeaking Pro 8.0
Why do you Use VR?: 1. I'm disabled 2. at home 3. ex-academic (disability retirec)
Where are you Located: Cardiff, Wales

I don't run the Acoustic Optimizer and if I did would delete the .dra files first. The Vocabulary Builder doesn't use the .dra files and I highly recommend its use. The Vocabulary Optimizer doesn't appear to use .dra files either; I don't use it but you might want to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:02 AM

We Recommend Using Dragon Medical and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition Software

Physicians Using Dragon Medical - Looking for the Best Electronic Health Record (EHR / EMR)?